Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am I just anxious or is there a threat?

So basically, I haven't been ill for about 7 years, but lately I've been concerned if I'm nearing a record break. It started around two or three weeks ago, where my throat felt odd. I felt as if I was going to gag or actually get sick, but I never did. Usually the feeling would be mild, then swell suddenly and I would either burp or yawn with my teeth chattering a bit. On Sunday night of the first week, I was really nauseous, and I gagged once, but nothing else after. On the following Friday, I felt very nauseous again, and had a fever and chills, but still no sick. I felt fine up until last Thursday, when my throat feeling returned. It stayed around for the whole weekend and I was paranoid up until my younger sibling got sick that Saturday, which made my paranoia worse. Luckily, I talked to a relative yesterday and they said the odd throat feeling was simply gag reflux, and they gave me some Tums, which do help. However, last night and early this morning I felt faintly nauseous. Because of what happened over the weekend, I've been extremely paranoid and afraid of what I'm eating or doing, and I skipped breakfast because of that. Now I don't feel too bad, but I'm wondering if I'm just anxious, or if this nausea is related to my prior nausea, and something is going to happen.

I apologize for the trigger words and the lengthy story, but I just found this website and forum and I'd be grateful for any and all advice I receive.

Default Re: Am I just anxious or is there a threat?

I think it may just be your anxiety because I know that if I have a scary incident then it lingers in my mind for ages and I often feel n* on and off due to it as well. However, just to be sure, maybe book a quick appointment with your GP is this continues? Since your relative was able to help you, I'm sure it's nothing, but it may just help lower your anxiety a little

Take care~