Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nightmares about it

I've been having really distressing nightmares about it recently. Sorry, I'm new so I'm not sure of which words and how much I should censor, but I will censor the words v* and similar words anyway.

So I have dreams about encountering piles of v* where I walk. I also have nightmares about a family member having to v* and giving us a warning so I can run out of the house while it happens. Sometimes I have dreams where I'm nauseous because I'm on a roller coaster or something moving very fast.

The thing about these nightmares, however, is that I'm more scared of v* in the dreams than I am in real life. It's a relief, but it also makes me wonder why I have this horrible fear of v* wired deep inside my subconscious. If I could somehow figure out more maybe I could even overcome this fear, hopefully.

Another thing that scares me about my sleep is sometimes I wake up n*. It makes me wonder if you can dream about v* and your body will actually do it. If so, that's terrifying and I'm terrified. Not trying to scare people. I'm pretty sure that can't happen.

Default Re: Nightmares about it

I understand what you are talking about. One of my biggest fears is that I will wake up in the middle of the night needing to vomit.

Hey, dont' worry
    I also have phases where i dream about this stuff a lot. Often i wake up nauseaus but I never had to v* because of dreams! (Those very few times I have v*d after waking up I had foodpoinsoning and friendly enough, my body waked me up before IT happened, but in these cases I didnt remember dreaming about it..)
    I guess it is normal that the feeling you had in a dream stays with you when you wake up. Like sometimes when I dream about my BF cheating on me, i am mad at him the whole morning or even day, bc it felt so real... so when you dream about such triggering things, i guess it is normal that it causes anxiety, which leads (at least in my case) to nausea...

Quote Originally Posted by mmr1122 View Post
    I understand what you are talking about. One of my biggest fears is that I will wake up in the middle of the night needing to vomit.
    I fear that also. Strange as it seems, the time I did that, I was fine. I became emet the next time, when I didn't wake up before I vomited.

Dreams don't have to mean anything. Sometimes they are just random. I only dreamed for the first time that I was puking a few years ago, and it was disturbing.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I dreamt about it two nights ago to do with one of my family members and to my horror my dad told me (in real life) that he had a queasy stomach. But I think it all links into our fear, we arguably should dream of it more seeing as were constantly on edge about it...

Try to THINK about the fact you have dreams about it before sleeping (sounds ironic but this helps for me as it tricks my brain).

Last night I dreamed that the food we had eaten yesterday was contaminated so when I woke up my dad was v*. I was shocked and panic. I had to take a pill.