Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I ate something really bad and now I'm so scared of being sick on Christmas

I made some store bought fried rice, then after two bites thought it tasted weird and sour, and looked at the box and saw it says "keep frozen" and it's been in my cabinet at room temperature for a month. How sick am I going to get?? I'm so scared, I want to die. Should I make myself throw up and get it over with to prevent more later? It figures the universe would make this happen to me on Christmas Eve. I can't go to a store and buy charcoal or anything either because it's late at night and I don't have a car.

Default Re: I ate something really bad and now I'm so scared of being sick on Christmas

I don’t think two bites is going to seriously harm, let alone poison you. No need to take drastic measures.

Default Re: I ate something really bad and now I'm so scared of being sick on Christmas

I would take charcoal if I were you. Like...a lot of charcoal. Not to frighten you, but that’s what I would do. Rice Is a common source of fp. Hope you are alright! It’s possible that your Rice was not contaminated, just fermented...so there’s hope. SOrry to be so blunt, I just don’t not want to sugar coat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliaolive View Post
    I would take charcoal if I were you. Like...a lot of charcoal. Not to frighten you, but that’s what I would do. Rice Is a common source of fp. Hope you are alright! It’s possible that your Rice was not contaminated, just fermented...so there’s hope. SOrry to be so blunt, I just don’t not want to sugar coat it.
    I don't have any charcoal though and can't get to the store til morning, like 10 hours from now.

I heard that FP comes on very shortly after the actual eating of it , so I honestly think you'll be ok if you aren't already unwell.
    Don't worry...