Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anxiety meds

Default Anxiety meds

So recently I started a new birth control. It has helped a lot of issues that I was having, but now my anxiety is out of control. I have more and more days that I just wake up "bent out of shape" and end up on the verge of panic attack the whole day, often for stupid things not even emet related.

Anyone have experience with anti anxiety meds that they feel helped them? I have been on Prozac but I went off of it due to the fact that I felt like it snuffed my positive emotions as well as my negative ones.

Default Re: Anxiety meds

I had to quit birth control pills all together because they made my anxiety 15 times worse. It literally was like a switch flipped not too short of my 18th birthday and wham I was all of a sudden agoraphobic, literally woke up one day in constant panic attacks. It took about 2 years to figure out the hormonal imbalance unfortunately. Did I have anxiety before...yes. Do I still...yes. But it is much more manageable now with a balanced hormone system. I ended up getting the copper IUD for birth control and it worked wonders for me. Had it 5 years the first time and 4 the second, now hubby is fixed so I had it removed. I don’t use daily anxiety meds, only Valium if I need it. But I do a lot of homeopathic stuff, essential oils, meditation, and when I’m not crazy busy I do yoga to help too. 😊

Default Re: Anxiety meds

I've tried the copper iud, I bled constantly for 6 months and was in constant pain, finally had it removed. Tried the arm implant as well, same thing. This is the second pill I've ever tried, and physically it's great but I'm losing my marbles. The last one had bad physical symptoms but I was very happy on it. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one affected so strongly by it. Thank you.