Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Bad timing - no one around

Or as my brain wants to tell me, they are there, they just don’t want to answer you. I am facing possibly getting sick and maybe *v, but for the quality of the rest of my life and I could use someone like me saying it can be done. That it is terrifying, but making sure that I stay sober so my children have one parent is worth several *v if that is what it takes. Other people say that and they don’t understand that I would rather die than get that sick, but if someone here really thinks I can get through it, maybe I will believe it.

Default Re: Bad timing - no one around

I’ve been messaging for over five hours hoping for some help. I have friends in recovery helping with that part, but they don’t understand that I drank amongst other things and never *v. It doesn’t bother them at all. They just say, you just do it and it sucks and then it’s over. Or, “no one likes it Jamie” or even, “oh, I totally know what you mean it’s the worst” but they don’t understand how it controls everything. Where I go, what I do? I continue to take pain medication that I want to get off of for spiritual reasons and so that I don’t end up in relapse and I am too afraid to *v to really live my life. It’s like I have to figure out how to live with this debilitating phobia and without any anxiety meds or wine and without my husband who handled the sick kids. I don’t know if I can live my life the way it is right now. It’s too scary. I’m not strong enough.

You can do it. It's the anxiety that makes it so much worse. Hang in there!!

You got this. What’s inside you is greater than anything you will face - even *v.