Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Did you throw up in 2017?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 9.09%
  • No

39 88.64%
  • Not Sure

1 2.27%

Default Did you throw up in 2017?

Did we all have a happy old year?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Did you throw up in 2017?

I threw up in May of 2017

Then you should have selected yes in the survey.

Sadly yes on March 11. First time in 10 years
    Praying I can go another 10 years at least!
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~

Happily no... but did I think I had to throw up and freak out about it? Yep every single day...

V* May 27th 10:37am. Yes, I remembered all that info. Would of been my tenth year without doing it too! All because of one dumb clementine.

I fortunately did not vomit in 2017. Seems like I'm in the majority. I was sure I was going to a bunch of times, though; I think I'm in the majority in that respect, too.

No. Afortunadamente no lo hago desde 1988. Pase por 4 embarazos y una operación de vesícula sin hacerlo. Creo que fui valiente. Pero tengo ese miedo cada vez que veo a mis hijas vomitar y no puedo estar al lado de ellas. Siento que puedo controlar mi propio cuerpo pero no el de los demás y eso me provoca pánico de sólo estar cerca.

Not sure? Ah the illusive case of vomit amnesia.

Emetonormal people don't keep track of when they puked. They might remember puking about a year ago but aren't sure whether it was 2016 or 2017.

Wow really? I've always remembered what years I vomit but that's interesting.

I never realized people without emetophobia didn't keep track of when they last vomited up until a few weeks ago when a friend and I were talking about it. She said it had been a year or two since the last time she was sick, but couldn't remember exactly when. I know the dates, roughly the times, and pretty much what I was wearing the past two times I got sick. Before that, I was much too young, but I remember getting sick.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Emetonormal people don't keep track of when they puked. They might remember puking about a year ago but aren't sure whether it was 2016 or 2017.
    I thought this was a poll for Emetophobes.

For sake of completion, it needs all three choices. Anyway, emetonormals are not banned from IES.

I see, that makes sense.

lol. This is a great poll. I believe my last true V* was in college circa 2005 after drinking a ton of Southern Comfort (never again). It was an all-night affair. Haven't touched alcohol in any form since then.

I think my grandpa holds the world record though. He hasn't done it since 1973 o.O

We have a member on the board who has been vomit free since 1965. I was in another emet group with a man who was vomit free since 1935 or 1937. He died about 2014 or so with his nearly 80 year streak intact.

I have to respond with "not sure." I've had 3 stomach viruses in the last 4 years. The first one I could taste what I ate for dinner when I was heaving, but it wasn't vomited out, I spit it out. Did I throw up? I would consider it a yes because all the bad stuff still happened, but Doug said it was a no (and it's his poll). Next one I threw up for sure, though it was a tiny amount. Definitely counts, though. Most recent one I genuinely cannot remember for sure. I could taste it, I was doing the act, but I was super drugged up and tired and it was dark and I don't think I'm exactly emetophobic anymore, so it didn't really matter to me if I did or didn't I just wanted the nausea to go away. I'm 85% sure a tiny bit came out, but gonna go with "not sure."

Lovely to see so many no responses! I used to always be one of them!
    Last edited by 4077girl; 02-08-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    We have a member on the board who has been vomit free since 1965. I was in another emet group with a man who was vomit free since 1935 or 1937. He died about 2014 or so with his nearly 80 year streak intact.
    I am the fortunate member who has (STILL) been vomit free since August 17, 1965, the day before my 12th birthday. This year it will be 53 years. I've been through two pregnancies and several alcohol over indulgences but managed to elude the porcelain bus. There were two or three times I was pretty sure my streak was coming to an end, but didn't. I often wonder what I will do if/when the time ever comes. I know I'll want my Mom, but sadly she's gone now. I just think positive and tell myself if it's been this long, it'll never happen again. What helps me in my day-to-day is remembering ALL the times I was SO SURE it was going to happen and didn't, and I realized how much time I spent, wasted really, worrying. It seemed so overwhelming at the time, but NEVER happened. Gotta go with the odds, I say.

You are the luckiest person alive!!! I used to get paranoid all the time and had to have my parents come get me from school almost every day from panic attacks. The only reason I don't get them nearly as often anymore is that I just don't worry about it as much. Good luck with continuing your v** free streak!