Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Disgusting new commercial for Lysol

I saw a new commercial tonight for Lysol that is apt to be triggering for an emet. It is only 15 seconds long but still captures a lot of horror.

A family of four is sitting at a table. A boy about 10 sits next to his mother. His father and little sister are on the other side. The boy strokes his epigastric region slowly. His family all check him out. Suddenly the boy moves his hands to his mouth. His mother quickly carries him to the bathroom by his shoulders. Then an announcer says that new Lysol kills germs, including the ones that cause stomach bugs.

Horrible!!!
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Disgusting new commercial for Lysol

Oh my gosh , that's gross but also good for us emets to know that it kills the bugs haha...

Slight trigger on the new Black Mirror series too... In "arkangel".. be careful around 50 minutes for those who watch it ...

Gotta hate the triggers

Ha-I saw that commercial the other day too! The first thing that came to my mind was "I coulda done without seeing THAT!'

I remember that Lysol had a gross version of this last year. A boy walks in with his backpack, and his mother says something like, "how was school?" and he says something about how kids got sick everywhere, then he throws his backpack on the table (or something like that- I tried to block it from my mind).

I guess that doesn't bother me anymore. It would have when I was younger, but in truth the commercial is tame as they don't show anything and there's no sounds, just implied that he's sick. I remember many moons ago, probably close to 20 years ago, there was a commercial about drinking and teens and they showed a teen boy puking into the toilet with fake vomit shown and all. It sent me into a serious panic attack then. It likely wouldn't now, but I would find that gross.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I just posted about this! (Guess I should have read the threads first) Such a horrible commercial!!

I have yet to see it...but think of how it could raise awareness! People may actually start cleaning with proper cleaners than a antibacterial wipe. With the attention that sv*s and the flu’s are getting I think it’s good they finally came out with a widespread commercial about what kills the bugs!