Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A kid v* in class today... will I get sick?

Hello, possible trigger warning, you have been warned.

I went to Bio class today and a kid sat next to me. Halfway through he gets up and v* in the trash can 10 feet away from me.. Will I get the stomach bug? When it happened my mouth was closed shut. I haven't touched any of his things or him. The trash can was taken out around 3 minutes after it happened. I washed my hands several times after with soap and hot water. I'm so scared, it has been almost 12 hours since, and my fear is that I'll wake up and v*, is this possible? Thank you.

Default Re: A kid v* in class today... will I get sick?

I am currently feeling okay other than a bit of anxiety and gas, which is common with it...

You'll be okay! A sv* isn't airborne unless you were literally right next to the person as they v*, which you weren't. 10 feet away is more than enough space, especially since the person v* into a garbage can. plus you don't know for sure if he v* because of a bug or for another reason.

Noro is only contracted through the fecal-oral route. Which means his v* would have to have entered your mouth. Also, you can't know for sure if that's what was wrong with him. He might not have had something that you can catch. He might have eaten something bad or had a hangover (depending on how old you are!!). It might not be what you're thinking. You took the right steps, you washed your hands and didn't touch anything. You handled it perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by jennalove1995 View Post
    You'll be okay! A sv* isn't airborne unless you were literally right next to the person as they v*, which you weren't. 10 feet away is more than enough space, especially since the person v* into a garbage can. plus you don't know for sure if he v* because of a bug or for another reason.
    We literally said the same thing at the same exact time!

Thank you! I will be so much more relaxed now! He didn't have breakfast that morning and he's known for drugs and a bad diet, so it could have been food poisoning. Thank you!