Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ovarian Cyst and v*?

Have any ladies ever had an ovarian cyst? My doctor found one on my left side last week.

She told me that since it was not cancerous that they would just monitor it. She said that it could rupture on its own, and if it does, I could have some pain and bloating for a few hours. However, when I looked up symptoms, there were a LOT of posts on forums that said v* was common. Some of them were pretty graphic, saying they got "violently ill and weak" out of nowhere, sitting on the toilet with a trash can in their laps, etc.

Now I am really freaking out- not about the cyst, but at the thought that it will burst and make me v*. Has anyone ever had one that ruptured WITHOUT V*?

Default Re: Ovarian Cyst and v*?

I had them at 13 years old and they ruptured when I was 15. I'm now 22 and haven't had them since (I think). I didn't feel at all n* or v* when they ruptured, but I'm not going to lie to you, the pain it caused was extreme. BUT it was also short lived, lasted about 20 minutes total and then I was totally fine. If you ever get a sharp, stabbing pain in your lower abdomen, don't freak out because it's most likely that. But I wouldn't worry about v* from it.

Honestly, I'm not afraid of the pain. I've had horrible pelvic pain before (I did go to urgent care for it once), so I can probably power through that. It's just the thought of randomly v*ing from it that scares me. Reading on medical sights that it's a "common" side effect didn't help.

My doctor didn't mention v* at all- just possible pain/cramping and bloating for a few hours at most.

It sounds like the pain may have been so painful for others that it made them sick. When I fractured my wrist, and the doctor was feeling it, the pain made me feel nauseas. When my dad went for knee surgury, he was sick from the pain. Yet, my stepdad tore his muscle off his leg, had to get surgury, and to my knowledge, it never made him ill. According to an emetopobia FAQ, some people can go through things that will normally make them sick like pregnancy.