Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What foods do you eat with emet

Just wondering what foods you feel safe eating with emet. My appetite is better than it once was and I can usually eat most things now, apart from when I have a panic attack like I did last week and thought I was going to V.

The thing is I want to eat healthily. I am one for quick frozen foods and ready meals (I live on my own and work full time so don't have time to cook a lot). However, I did once start batch cooking and freezing portions which meant I was getting fresh food with the convenience of it being like a ready meal when I wanted to eat it. But then my fear set in about reheating food (especially chicken) and I started to get paranoid and went back to the frozen stuff.

How do you all manage to eat and cook with this awful phobia?

Default Re: What foods do you eat with emet

My husband does all of our cooking anymore. I trust his skills for chicken being done better than my own. He knows with me its better to go a tiny bit dry lol, so its overcooked than to make it overly moist. I dont like my steak anyway but welldone either. Lol. I am getting to the point I dont want to eat in restraunts though because I can see how careful things are done at home. I obsess when I do cook making sure nothing is cross contaminated. And a lot of the times my husband deals with the meat when its raw.

I eat just about anything and I eat out all the time. As long as you wash your hands thoroughly after handling raw meats and wash down surfaces you gave nothing to worry about. Most chicken is not contaminated with salmonella anyway. If you purchase your food at a reputable grocery store you need not be afraid to eat it.

I eat everything...we don’t eat out a lot because I’m a pretty big versatile chef lol. When we do eat out it’s usually sushi. Yummmmmm! But I handle all the meat unless it’s being bbq’d but even then I do the marinated and I have even had to bbq if my hubby doesn’t get home. I cook with lots of fresh veggies I just make sure to wash them. And chicken is always cooked well done and red meat...well hubby eats that raw and cooked (he picks at it while cooking) drives me batty but it’s been 9 years and he still does it I don’t think he will ever stop lol