Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: The Flu

Default The Flu

So here’s the situation:

There’s been somewhat of an outbreak of the influenza virus. About 2,000% of the people living in my county are currently sick with it, including a cousin of mine.

Now, I’ve been living with my mom, sister, and my mom’s boyfriend. Being that I have emetophobia, this is actually been a very bad experience for me. He hasn’t been sick once since we moved in, but he isn’t such a clean guy. He’s very unsanitary, actually. He’ll wash his dog’s bowl in the sink along with OUR dishes, he’s made a BM in the restroom and didn’t wash his hands afterwards, and on top of that, he’s drank out of OUR cups while we were gone. I’m honestly already scared and thought that he wanted to get us sick.

Well anyways, we’re finally moving out. Tomorrow’s the day we go back to where we came from, I.E. my aunt’s house, where we lived before we moved over here. The issue? Me and my came over to eat breakfast & my aunt tells her daughter, one of my cousins who almost NEVER leave the house, to eat. Her reply? She can’t eat. Her stomach is getting to her.

My aunt then told us her stomach’s been upset since yesterday, however because she goes virtually nowhere except college (which is only Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for her), which was out for the winter break ( I think around the 18th of December to the 16th of this month ), there’s pretty much no way she could have the flu, even though my other aunt speculated that it was. Just then, my aunt recalled when my cousin was next to my other cousin not too long ago, and then my cousin had gotten the flu the next day, so now I’m scared that the one who’s house I’m moving into’s got it as well, although my aunt said it still couldn’t be the flu since she isn’t having any other symptom other than an upset stomach.

And even if it isn’t the flu, what if it’s the stomach virus? I mean hell, she can’t eat because of a really upset stomach? My aunt never said anything about her throwing up or having diarrhea, just that her stomach’s been bothering her, but if it’s possibly a bug then me and my mom could’ve more than likely have infected ourselves too by using her restroom and eating over there.

I’m really panicked right now.

Default Re: The Flu

The influenza virus doesn't typically cause stomach symptoms. It's a respiratory virus. So it's safe to say she doesn't have that. If she isn't exhibiting v* or d* then you will probably be fine, in terms of exposure.