Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Romaine lettuce on a sandwich?? Very worried!!

Hi all...

I had a sandwich for dinner today. Was really enjoying it until I suddenly remembered the romaine lettuce e. coli outbreak recently. I live in Cali, one of the 13 states affected...

I'm not sure if the lettuce I had was romaine or not...but after looking it at it more closely I think it was romaine. It was darker green than most romaine I've seen however...which is why I also thought it could have been butter lettuce. When I went back to look at the ingredients that came on the packaging, it just said "lettuce" so I wasn't sure...Ended up throwing the last bit of the sandwich out but I had already eaten so much, including the lettuce.

Now I'm very worried that I'll be catching the E.Coli strain that's been reported. I've been trying to stay calm using deep breathing and distractions and what not, but it's not really helping...

Default Re: Romaine lettuce on a sandwich?? Very worried!!

I know its been awhile now but was wondering if you ended up being fine.

This is a very late response, but I heard on the radio a few days ago (in Canada, but I think it's probably the same source for all of the contaminations...) that the outbreak for romaine lettuce was officially over and it was safe to eat again.

Hello! Thanks for replying Michelle and Emily!

Everything turned out fine