Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Could use reassurance please

Hello all,

So this morning I woke up and rolled over in bed only to find that I was a little bit lightheaded so I just went back to sleep and stayed in bed for the rest of the day. One of my friends is in town so I got up to go and have dinner with her. I felt okay, just a little bit dizzy when I got up, but wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I went and ate some chicken nachos with her and now I feel incredibly n**** and I'm scared I'm coming down with food poisoning or a sv. This was the first thing I ate all day.

Default Re: Could use reassurance please

I see now this was written yesterday. Hope things got better for you. Dizziness can be caused by all sorts of things. Since you just woke up at the time it could be dehydration. Maybe you needed a drink of water. It could be a head cold coming on or even allergies and an ear infection. As for the nachos, my bet because a lot of people cant, it was too much being the first thing you ate all day. Most cases of food poisioning start between 1 and 8 hours with some taking even longer.