Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Influenza A

Hybrid View

Default Re: Influenza A

Sounds like my whole family right now! I’m on day 4 and honestly I wish I had gone into the dr and got tamiflu because I feel horrendous. I’d probably feel better if I was able to sleep good but caring for a 7 year old with the flu has deprived me, checking on her every two hours just in case...yep I’m THAT Mom. Hallelujah for the weekend and the “not” sick Dad to be home who has slept all day today lol. And honestly even if you got the flu jab they are saying it is not covering this strain of flu. We personally never get the flu shot. My hubby and daughter are allergic and we aren’t for all the vaccines (please keep your opinions to yourselves) so we just do all we can to maintain a healthy lifestyle. And tbh my 7 year old has had the least symptoms, 1 day of high fevers and bad sore throat and ear pressure and then it’s just hovered right at 100 and she’s running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Me I’d do just about anything for even a half a day of energy! Feel better, lots of rest, fluids, vitamins and good food into your body!
    Last edited by CMM811; 01-13-2018 at 02:28 AM.

Default Re: Influenza A

I DID get the flu shot but the doctor I went to yesterday had told me you’re not protected against strain A. After taking a Tylenol and Zyrtec, I had some soup JUST IN CASE either one of them caused nausea. I got tired pretty quickly and fell asleep around 4 PM. I woke up to text my girlfriend only for me to fall back asleep right after, as you can imagine, she’s a little mad at me for that lol.

I woke up around 10:55 PM & my sore throat has vanished & is only scratchy. I’m very congested in the bottom of my throat, feel like I have bubbles in there. Very uncomfortable feeling, I should add.

But yeah, before taking the medication, while at the doctor, I told him the rest of my symptoms are mostly gone & only come back for a short time & are usually very minor. He says I’m at the tail end of it so I guess I had a very mild/minor case as I’m feeling much better. Only now, I’m also dealing with a cough due to the congestion in my throat.

But other than that, I would think I should be symptom-free by tomorrow evening. Maybe Monday.