Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Tv shows with V.

I really hate how tv shows bring up v. It’s not funny and it’s not okay. 2 different shows I watched today brought it up. I tried to ignore it but I can’t seem to stop thinking about it. I know I can’t catch it from them but I feel like it is a premonition.

Default Re: Tv shows with V.

They seem to stick it on Netflix ALOT! I don't know why! Especially the independent films, in theory I suppose it shows how non emet people are but still it's so bad for us !!

Yes!! I just don’t see why anyone would want to see that phobia or no phobia. And sometimes it happens so fast you don’t have time to look away.

Yeah exactly - I watched a very established show on there recently and luckily the person acted in a way where I knew what was coming so I kinda hid my face but ohmygosh! So bad :/

For me, I find that I can handle cartoon v* (like Family Guy, which shows it fairly often). I don't love it, obviously, but I'm able to get over it without being traumatized.

Non-animated TV shows or movies? Forget it. And I definitely freak out when there's any v* on a reality show or documentary, because I know it's real v* and not acting.

I agree v. on cartoons is not as bad. I once saw a therapist who thought exposure to tv and movie v. would help me get over it. Let’s just say I found a new therapist.

I used to feel the same way until I got a job in a plasma center and was forced to deal with people v in front of me on a weekly basis. Luckily I never have to deal with it directly, working in a backend office, but I do have to see it sometimes.

It felt good to conquer that part of the fear at least. Fear of me v, that’s something I will most likely have to cope with my entire life.

I agree, watching or even reading about it makes me react.

I used to not even be able to talk about stuff like this. I’ve had this fear since I was about 7 years old and realize as well this is something I’m going to have to live with for the rest of my life.

I don’t love it, but I’ve learned to deal with short exposures like that. Sometimes I even force myself to stick it out and watch it because I feel like it’ll help me in some way. If it’s happens in my real life, gtfo. Haha. I can NOT with that. I’ll be a non-eating wreck for two weeks.

I actually was able to get over my fear of seeing it on any TV show slowly through exposure. I made myself watch with techniques to calm myself down. I can now watch any show except maybe some really gross reality TV or documentary sick with noises and stuff, yeah, that I have unable to watch. Thankfully usually isn't super common and I don't watch much reality TV. Point is, exposure can definitely help for dealing with others being ill in any situation.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream