There’s a BAD outbreak of the flu virus in my county. About 2,000 people are reported to be sick at this very moment and unfortunately for me and my sister, my mom happened to be one of the many people who have fallen victim to the virus.

Yesterday morning, she woke up just fine. No issues, nothing! Then she went to go see my grandma and when she came home? She was really sick! Coughing, sweating, running nose, etc. She swore up & down she was just having really bad allergies, which I knew wasn’t true.

Today, she went to the doctor’s and came back.. the results? Influenza A. Mind you, I was sitting in the bed next to her & my sister while she was coughing & sneezing. She may not have done that in our direction but we definitely touched things she touched & we’re more than likely going to get infected.

*Sigh*.. this is why I have trust issues with my mom. She just assumes and runs with her assumptions. She doesn’t take the time to see what’s really going on before she tells us what’s wrong.

Well she told us that her doctor was going to be sending in something for me & my sister that’s supposed to prevent us from catching it but I don’t know if there are medicines that can do that, are there?

Anyways, my aunt said that type A is the worst one. I’m an emetophobe, of course, so my question is.. how big are my chances of vomiting if/when I start showing symptoms? And how can I prevent it from happening? I’m 18, 5’7, and around 119 lbs (lost weight due to fear) if it matters. My sister is 15, 5’1, and 124 lbs.

My mom doesn’t seem to be sick to her stomach and I’m really hoping that’s the case for me as well.