Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Trying to be a good Mum but struggling...

I’m new here, just joined the forum. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been petrified of s***, V**** you name it anything, im scared!! I have a gorgeous little boy, 2 years old. And he’s my world. Until he’s not well! Last year he was poorly quite a few times and I’m really struggling tonight. He recently joined pre school and it took all my Might to let him go as I’m so scared of him getting ill. Well, today after swimming, he’s been grumpy, restless you name it! Which isn’t like him at all! He’s usually in bed by 730 and asleep by 8. It’s not 11:32 and he’s still awake crying every 30 mins or so. I’m so scared he’s not well and I don’t know what to do!! 😭

Default Re: Trying to be a good Mum but struggling...

On nights like that, I would cover any carpet with blankets and towels just in case and turn on a movie for them until they dropped. The good news is that these times are rare compared to all other days of the year. Could be an ear infection. Those hurt worse when they lie down.

Thank you for your reply!! It’s been a long night but no s*** or anything. Just really restless. Ended up putting him in bed with us!! It’s now 6amso hopefully the risk of getting s*** is gone. Thanks again!!

I’m glad he was generally ok through the night! You may want an ear check. One way to k8nd of tell is if giving Motrin before lying down helps him sleep comfortably. Then, you have an indication it may be pain.

As other users suggested, I wonder if he has an ear infection? If he doesn’t have his 2 year old molars yet, that could also make him cranky. Could he have gotten hurt at swimming somehow? If he had a sv* I think you’d know by now. Even with a cold or flu, he’d have other symptoms by now.