Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy It’s just in my head right??

So this is my first post here and hopefully this gets posted. But anyway two years ago on MLK day I had the worst week long panic attack in my life, my mouth would get all dry, I was sweating a lot, and I always had the feeling of v*ing but luckily never did. That whole entire week I just lived off of mints and water and lost so much weight. But luckily after a week it finally went away but at the time I didn’t know it was a panic attack until looked up the symptoms of it a few weeks ago. But I very year when it’s get around to MLK day I always freak out and so scared that it might happen again but I also feel like I’m being crazy and that it’s just in my head. My 2018 resolution was to be calm and hopefully get over this fear but my anxiety and emet makes it soooo hard. My mind is going insane just typing this.

Default Re: It’s just in my head right??

Welcome to this website!
    Yes, your systems are classic anxiety symptoms. There are over 100 different ones you can even have!
    I have the same problem you do. A major anxiety attack during a specific time of the year and noe I fear it will always happen. Mine started in 2009 around November. That was the same year my Dad was remarrying. I had it in my head for some reason I was going to die, I dont lnoe2why but I did. I ended up having so many horrible anxiety attack symptoms that I wound up in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. My blood pressure was 164/117! They checked my heart and I was fine. Gave me anti anxiety shot and went home. Sometimes we need counseling to help us through. I did that afterwards. Im here if you need to talk.