Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Addicted to ondesteron/zofran

If anyone had tried these medications you will know it is almost like liquid gold. I don’t need it all the time but there are times where I NEED the zofran for months to make me feel less anxious. Lately if I don’t have any I will freak out and need to go to the doctor immediately to get more. It is weird because the medication itself is not addictive and does not give any addictive properties like drowsiness, euphoria, or anything. But to me the fact that it gets rid of n. and v. Makes me want it on hand at all times. The problem is when I have it I tend to take all of it. Has anyone had any problems with this?

I want to get back to the point where I don’t feel like I’m n. almost every day. I know most of the time it’s just anxiety but In the moment it’s hard for me to tell the difference.

Default Re: Addicted to ondesteron/zofran

I know what you're talking about. I do the same thing. The only difference is that it's different meds. Once again it isn't addictive. (Tylenol) For people like us, taking these meds help us and maybe the only way to escape the panic attacks. You know that the feeling will go away when you take the meds. It's why you're always drawn towards them. I do try to put some constraint on myself with the pills but I can't stop myself.

Hi, yes, I was lucky enough that my doc prescribed this for me too...but only like 15 at a time. So I am very careful when I use it. You need to try to really distinguish your anxious nausea from "real" nausea. If you are feeling it every day or most days, it's anxiety...and you also don't want to build up a tolerance to the zofran. You want it to work when you need it. So just try to refrain from jumping to take it. Tell yourself that it's anxiety, distract yourself by doing something fun or relaxing, and see what happens. When you are successful with a few of those times, you will feel more confident. Good luck and hang in there!!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Yes!! I have been worried about my tolerance. I only have 2 left so I’m going to try very hard to save them for an actual emergency. I don’t understand why that seems to be the only medicine that actually works. Hopefully I can get over this. Thanks!!