Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Someone please help talk me down!

I’m a preschool teacher and today I got a visit from one of my kids who’s now in kindergarten. It was great to see her and she gave me a big hug. Afterwards, she told me how she was V* last Friday. She V* even when she was going to the car with her dad for the weekend (her parents are separated). So now, naturally with this phobia, I’m freaking out. Did she still have vomit particles on her jacket from when she left with her Dad? Are my clothes now contaminated? Is my freaking hair now contaminated from when I changed after coming home??

It’s too late to wash my hair now as I’ve already been all over the house, laying on the couch, etc. This realization dawned on me after.

Whatever will be will be now, but if anyone has any thoughts or opinions that may help me calm down, it would be much appreciated!

Default Re: Someone please help talk me down!

As long as it has no way to enter your digestive tract, you will be fine. Just be vigilant with washing your hands. Maybe buy some Lysol spray if that will make you feel better. Honestly I think if it was last Friday you are fine.