Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What has helped me...

I have been a member for a long time and rarely post but I know this is a really hard time of year for all of us so I thought I would share what has helped me. I am currently on 100 mg of Zoloft once daily, 0.25 mg of Risperdal daily and Ativan I use only for emergencies. Risperdal is used on people with psychosis but it has helped me tremendously with the overwhelming obsessive thoughts that come with this phobia. I have tried Hypnosis, Therapy, CBT, and my favorite was $3000 on decensitizing therapy where they actually made me vomit on the last day...I think they each helped in there own way but I noticed a huge difference with the Risperdal. I do not obsess at all like I used to. Just thought I would share...

Default Re: What has helped me...

With the Risperdal, did you have side effects? They have tried to put me on dozens of anti depressants and OCD medications, but I couldn't stick it out long enough for them to work or I just chickened out and didn't take it because I would come down with terrible side effects of n*.
    Also, thank you for sharing about your experiences of different forms of therapy... I am 22 and I havent v* since I was 8. I think the build up of not doing it for so long sometimes makes it worse because I don't remember what it is like, but I am still terrified to my core to even imagine what it would be like... Would you say it traumatized you even more with the decensitizing therapy when they made you vomit?

Default Re: What has helped me...

I don't notice any side effects of the Risperdal...they say you can gain weight but my sanity is much more important than being a supermodel. As far as the decensitizing (sp) therapy it wasn't as bad as I thought because I was basically in control of the situation. Meaning I knew I would only vomit once and it wasn't from a S******B**. This phobia has a lot to do with control.