I've been a long time lurker and the support and relief I feel just from coming here and seeing the stories of others has really helped me over the years. However today I've been triggered and felt the urge to share.

Long story short I went to a very popular grocery store and bought a cooked whole chicken. I've done this many times before and although my anxiety about undercooked food has been spiked before it's always been fine (of course). Today I ate the chicken and as I was pulling the rest off the bone after I ate (so that I could save the left overs for dinner) I saw they left the bag of "gizzards" in the cavity. NOW, I know they can be eaten when cooked properly but of all the times I've done this I've NEVER seen this bag in there before. Someone called the store for me to check and make sure it's safe and it was confirmed that everything is fine and although they accidentally left it in there this time they assured us it was safe. Now I've gone from straight panic down to obsessive worry and fear with the added benefit that my brain doesn't want to believe what they told us. I'm trying not to self monitor or watch the clock but it's very difficult and I'm feeling very sad and frustrated by the whole process. It's been about an hour and no negative issues but I just wanted to share my story and give back to the forum that's helped me. Thanks for reading