Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy A success and a Major failure

I had my first day of therapy and she made me start to feel good about tackling my fear.

My first day of work was today and it was so much worse then I ever could imagine. Before I even started it came over he radio that some kids V* then they stuck me in a hot little room with 20 kids in prek all spitting and biting and touching me. I made it through my shift then proceeded to go home and have one of the biggest mental breakdowns I have ever had. I had a bottle of bleach in one hand, in hysterics that I couldn't get myself clean. (I took a shower but I know I'm still going to fear getting sick for the next 2 weeks, I know i wont eat for the next two days, )

Now I have to quit my job that took nearly 5 months to get everything in order for, They really needed people and they scheduled me now they have to call people in last minute.

How do I go about telling them? I feel like such a loser. And like they are going to hate me.

Default Re: A success and a Major failure

If it's giving you too much stress and anxiety I suggest just simply quitting...they may not fully understand but it's not their right to tell you what you can and can't do and at the end of the day it's your for own sake anyway...so if you believe this is not going to be smooth and easy for you then just quit...trust me getting over the slight guilt now will be better than endless days of anxiety <3
    Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by choiboy_1120 View Post
    If it's giving you too much stress and anxiety I suggest just simply quitting...they may not fully understand but it's not their right to tell you what you can and can't do and at the end of the day it's your for own sake anyway...so if you believe this is not going to be smooth and easy for you then just quit...trust me getting over the slight guilt now will be better than endless days of anxiety <3
    Take care!
    I just sent the email, thank you so so much for your advice!​

Quote Originally Posted by PaisleyJane View Post
    I just sent the email, thank you so so much for your advice!​
    No worries, and good luck with Therapy! ^_^