Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Would a doctor prescribe anti V* medication solely based on my phobia?

I feel like if I had something like Zofran or another medication like that it would help tremendously. I never get n* from anxiety and I would only take it in case of a SV*.
    Right now I have the beginnings of agoraphobia because i am so scared of catching SV* and if I had a medication that I know would stop the n* aspect of it I would be able to go out right now no problem.

But would a doctor prescribe something like this just based on my phobia?

Default Re: Would a doctor prescribe anti V* medication solely based on my phobia?

Hi, maybe next time you go for your physical especially, or maybe even whenever you go next, just explain your situation and ask for some. Mine only gives me 12 or 15, but that's enough for a year for me. There should be no issue as long as you don't abuse them. Good luck!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Default Re: Would a doctor prescribe anti V* medication solely based on my phobia?

I don't know what a doctor or would not give as that can vary depending on the doctor. Some doctors give pills like candy and others are more cautious about what and how they prescribe medications. Are you taking any anti-anxiety medication currently? Honestly, I imagine a good doctor would likely prescribe you those first and refer you a therapist to work on your phobia instead.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream