Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panic attack

Default Panic attack

I'm having a really terrible panic attack. My stomach is upset (d*) and I'm so afraid. This happens to me all the time and deep down I know I just have a terrible stomach (probably IBS and anxiety) but what if this time it's real??

Default Re: Panic attack

Hi, hope you are feeling a bit better by now. Sounds like you are pretty sure it's anxiety. So, just keep telling yourself that is what it is. Also, try distracting yourself, or doing something relaxing...I like hot baths. You will feel better and then you can say, "See! It was anxiety." Hang in there!
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Default Re: Panic attack

Thanks! I think I'm starting to feel better. I had this weird wave of n* that I think was actually the panic attack kicking in, and I hadn't had that exact feeling in a long time so it scared me. Logically I always know it will pass and there's a 99% chance I won't v*, but that 1% is pretty terrifying. Which I'm sure everyone on this forum understands all too well!