Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Has anyone ever fainted?

Hi, was wondering if this is common occurrence for emetophobes. When I was in Junior High I saw someone V in front of me and I left to go to the bathroom, and fainted on my way there. I was having a panic attack and thought I was going to V, but I wasn't, just a panic attack. Since then, I've kind of figured out that I can make myself pass out at will, and I have considered doing that if I ever think I'm going to V, though I know that's probably dangerous. I'd still rather do that than V though. Has anyone else ever done this from seeing someone V?

Default Re: Has anyone ever fainted?

Personally, I haven't, my emetophobia isn't actually that bad, but I sometimes get dizzy and feel a little faint if I see someone v*

That's funny, mine isn't that bad either. I use to be but it's got better as I got older.

Please don’t try to pass out rather than v*. You could potentially choke on v* and die.

Yeah I figured that much.

Yes I have passed out once due to stress and dehydration. It didn’t have anything to do with the phobia but still a relatively scary experience.

I actually came really close to fainting once, since I’ve got really bad anxiety problems. I felt nauseous and I was so afraid I was gonna v* that my legs gave out and I couldn’t see or hear anything, and luckily my mom was in the room to see this and help me back up. It was about one step away from totally passing out, but it was kinda scary. (I ended up being totally fine afterwards, too.)

Thinking out it, I once got close. I broke my finger on the swings once when I was out camping. It was the most excruciating pain I've ever had to injure. I wasn't able to move my whole arm. Walking back over to my car, (I was visiting the park before we left. It was my family's last day there) I started to feel extremely dizzy and n*. My head was spinning. I ended up having to sit on the side of the parking lot as I awaited some ice. During which I almost passed out and or v* at least twice. Got back to the city and didn't go to the doctors. I now have a semi bent finger.... So to answer, yes. If I get into an incident where I get injured enough to v* my body would want me to pass out cold.

I passed out three years ago, still don't know why. It actually made me v* right after. That had been the first time I v* in 9 years. It was super scary.

That’s funny. I actually fainted yesterday. Before that I’ve fainted in the past, both times because of needles. I currently have the flu or some kind of flu like virus and when I was leaving urgent care I just fainted. I think because I haven’t been eating. Fainting used to terrify me because I associated it with throwing up although I never actually have fainted and gotten sick. Yesterday was a lot less scary for some reason.

Yes, 2 times both from severe menstrual cramps. The first time I was at work. The second time I was nauseated and I knew it was about to happen. Before I could get up and go to the bathroom, I fainted and the scary part is I v* while i was out. Thankfully I was sitting up and didn't aspirate. It was so gross and frightening. I am happy to say I have gone thru menopause and I don't have those awful cramps anymore!!