Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety attack out of nowhere...

I am currently awake and trying to calm down. Tonight I had a headache (it felt like pain behind my cheeks, maybe a combo of sinus and tension), and I could not get comfortable enough to go to sleep. So I went to go walk around a bit, and suddenly it felt like my whole body tensed up- hands, throat, stomach, legs, etc. My stomach was gurgling/digesting as I was laying down, so I think everything is working normally there. I am trying to relax, but my legs are involuntarily shaking with nerves, and I think it's making everything else worse. I don't think I'm n*, but my stomach is in knots. (I did go to the bathroom about 5-10 mins ago- regular, no d*.)

I'm not even sure of the cause- I had a good day at work, and my husband and I are closing on a condo purchase. My office did have a lot of people out with the flu last week (I think the actual flu, not an SV based on what some of them said), so maybe I am worried about catching it still? Could this just be built-up tension coming out? Or fatigue from going to bed too late?

Default Re: Anxiety attack out of nowhere...

Hey ! I hope you're ok, just realized nobody responded :/... It sounds like you were ok though.

Definitely sounds like a sinus thing and anxiety combined (not fun !)
    I hope your symptoms disappeared.

PS - your profile pic is adorable