Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation I'm scared (repost).

My girlfriend's dad's ex (let' call her M) who has been rooming with them for a bit came down with the stomach bug last week. I assumed it was just food poisoning as 1) nobody else caught it and 2) I needed to relax and tell myself it wasn't contagious.
    Welp, my girlfriend just told me on the phone that her dad was v*ing this morning and having d*.
    So, of course, I am panicking as all heck.
    He has no symptoms of food poisoning and it wasn't a hangover (my girlfriend just goes "Babe, it's a bug"). She said she's been disinfecting the house, but if it wasn't enough for M's virus to be stopped, then what about my girlfriend's dad?
    Another thing that doesn't help is that I went to my girlfriend's on Sunday. We just went straight into her room and napped for three hours, but she still cooked eggs on possibly infected surfaces. She could also be incubating the virus and I've been kissing her since forever.
    I need reassurance that I am just extra paranoid - or even if I'm being rational and if there's a chance I could catch it. Please help me out. I appreciate it.

EDIT: It doesn't help that I recently learned norovirus can stick to carpets and clothing. My girlfriend kisses me today and gave me a teddy bear. Am I freaking out for nothing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I'm scared (repost).

I'm sure if she was cooking something that surface would have been disinfected, I mean it's used to cook food that people EAT, if that isn't common sense than idk what is haha. But I wouldn't worry too much, also, you can't spread the virus by mouth until you've begun showing symptoms, so I'm sure you wouldn't have caught it from kissing her. Just try and keep your mind off it (i know how hard that is I'm going through all this "waiting for it to happen" rn too TT). But what always helps me is I go out and try and distract myself. I'll go for a walk in my university campus or watch YouTube videos. Anything to keep you comfortable.

<3 Best wishes~~~