Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Possibly drove by a guy v*ing

While driving home I saw a guy pulled over, driver door open and head sticking out.

Not sure if he was getting s*, but I was in the lane closest to his car and couldn’t get over in time. I drive right next to him.

Any risk of catching anything if he was s*? My windows were shut.

Default Re: Possibly drove by a guy v*ing

Not at all.

This literally happened to me yesterday I was driving home and a silver van was pulled over, passenger side door open and a guy bent over in the ditch with a string of saliva hanging off his face I about died. I had a panic attack all the way home!!! Every time I see a car on the side of the road my heart skips a beat because I imagine this very scenario and it gives me such anxiety. It was pretty close to my house too which really freaked me out thinking the SV was so close to home. I just tried to remind myself that the guy could have been drunk, maybe it was a medication that upset him, could have been FP, there’s no way I could catch it by driving by... etc. but it made me anxious and queeZy for the whole rest of the day and when I drove by that same spot today I looked away!

That happened to me about 18 years ago, I drove by a guy pulled over and leaning over in a suspicious way, and I freaked out. I still think about it every time I drive by that spot.

This reminds me of a day on the school bus when I looked out the window and saw a guy bent over in a peculiar way. I immediately looked away and had a panic attack. Everytime I think about it I have anxiety and difficulty breathing.