Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Did I just damn myself...? :(((((( Really scared please help me

I am shaking right now...so basically this morning I had toast and when I put toast into the toaster, I only grab it by one corner, and later on I don't eat that corner once the toast is done...but today I accidentally took it out by holding the other side of the toast and ate the end that I had originally held with my hand...am I going to get sick? I know it's not even for certain that I had anything on my hand prior but it still gets me so so so anxious, I can hardly do anything right now...please help me I need some reassurance....do toasters kill bacteria? Is the temperature high enough? I only set it to defrost so I'm really really scared....please...help...

Default Re: Did I just damn myself...? :(((((( Really scared please help me

If you washed your hands before then I don't see there being any problems. I eat food with my hands all the time. I just wash them before and all is good.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Nahh! You'll be fine!

Sounds like catastrophising. How did you get on?