Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is hair to eye contamination possible?

Hi everyone~
    I was just wondering if any of you knew if hair to eye contamination was possible? Meaning that if you were to touch the fringe of your hair with possibly infected hands, and then the ends of your hair were to touch your eyes slightly, would you be at risk?
    Thanks!

Take care y'all~

Default Re: Is hair to eye contamination possible?

Be at risk for what? Contracting something like norovirus? I mean it’s theoretically possible but likely. For 16 to 18 viral particles to find their way double transferred from hair to eye would be exceedingly rare I would think. It would have to survive the initial and secondary transference, tears from your eyes. It would have to travel through several mucus membranes to even have a remote chance of reaching your digestive system. It’s probably possible but not very likely. I’m no virologist or doctor, just applying a little logic and knowledge of the human body. Just saying not an expert by any means.

I’d think you’d run more of a risk of some eye infection, and even that isn’t very likely at all unless your hair is...really, really dirty I guess or the hair remained in the eye for a long time.

What I am getting as is don’t worry about it! There is a very likely chance that absolutely nothing will come from this.

none at all c:

Um...... No