Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anxiety Medication Side Effects?

Hi guys! Haven't been here for a while but I'm interested in going on some kind of anxiety medication and I was curious to gather experiences. Anybody who has been on anxiety meds before: did you ever experience nausea as a side effect? Was it mild, or severe? Which medicine were you taking?

Thanks guys!!

Default Re: Anxiety Medication Side Effects?

Ive been on lexapro and zoloft and haven't. But everyone reacts differently so you never know. Talk to your doctor about it and maybe she can help guide you in the right direction. Good luck!!

I'm on Prozac 10mg and have never had nausea or anything related, even on higher doses.

Thank you guys for your input!! I really appreciate it
    You just reminded me that I was on Prozac for a while as a young teenager, I think, and didn't have any side effects with that, so that might be the way to go. Unfortunately the doctors at my hospital tend to give you whatever's cheapest first, and refuse to give you anything else unless you try it and experience side effects first, lol. Even though they know I have emetophobia and will not take certain medications. Great! I'll just suffer then!! Hahaha. But yes, thank you guys!

Hey, they started me on Zoloft (granted had mild depression as well). I was nauseous every now and then for the first week (but it was very likely it was me worrying about side effects). However it wasn't severe and didn't impact me.
    my more common side effects was being unable to get to sleep and occasional drowsiness, both of which don't really impact me now. Best of luck with this.
    Also all my friends who are on similar meds don't experience nausea either (unless they forget to take a dose for a few days in a row, so be careful with that)