Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Everyone is puking and I'm scared, obviously

Everyone is puking and I am scared to leave my room. I have a giant tub of hand sanitizer, a stockpile of anti-nausea meds, and water and stuff. But I am scared to leave my room.
    This mostly becomes a problem when I have to use the bathroom. I am scared to touch the toilets. I am scared to touch anything. I am scared to breathe. Sometimes I think I should just pee in bottles, but then I'm like I'll have all these bottles of pee in here and that is also gross.
    Can't really afford to buy a hazmat suit. What are some things I can do to console myself? I am super phobic of puking. I have panic attacks when I puke, which obviously makes the whole experience a thousand times worse.
    I am scared to eat the food in the fridge. I am scared to use the cups. This is fine, because I have my own disposable cups and a box of cereal that I can sit here and eat dry while I watch movies. But at some point I will have to leave. And I am scared to death of this.
    All my doctors are aware of this phobia and stuff. But I need something I can do, right now today, that will make me feel better. SOS

Default Re: Everyone is puking and I'm scared, obviously

Edit: a virus has been going around and it is everyone in my family that is puking, and I'm scared to leave while they are all sick, but not all the time. It's been a long day so far.

Default Re: Everyone is puking and I'm scared, obviously

This sounds horrible, my gosh...
    Is it the sv*? I know that all you can do is think of it, but the sweet escape will come when you fully fixate on something else ..I'm aware this will seem near to impossible but just think, it will only last a few days. Keep diligent with hand washing and try stay away from them if you can... Not sure if it's good advice for recovery but probably better for short term advice