Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Wish I could be this calm when something happens...

Hi Guys,

I gotta tell you what happened today. I volunteer at the hospital in the OR waiting room. Usually a pretty good place to volunteer. Well, today a dad came in with maybe a 3 year old and 1 year old. I hear one of the kids coughing, like a congested cough. (Might be triggering) A few minutes later the dad and kids head to the bathroom (which is about 15 feet away from my desk!!!!), and I hear the..."splash" on the floor. I sort of looked, saw enough, then got up and went into my coworker's office that's enclosed because I was panicking. The dad was so calm about everything, and the kid didn't even cry!! I saw that the dad was trying to clean the floor and he seemed just like this was a small inconvenience...he didn't get upset or anything. Well, they ended up leaving and I did call housekeeping. But I ended up leaving early because I got nervous about being in the vicinity. Gosh, if that was me with my kids, I would be FREAKING out! How do people do it??? Sighhh, and I had to leave early because I'm afraid....
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Default Re: Wish I could be this calm when something happens...

Yessss!!! I actually had this happen to me last weekend. We were at my sister in laws house for a birthday party. My 9 year old complained of his stomach hurting. My radar went up but I didn't panic. A few minutes later he gave me this look, his face got red and he got sweaty. I knew it was coming. I told him to go to the bathroom where he had V*. Ugghhhhh!!! I freaked out! I totally paniacked and wanted to take him home. My inlaws convinced us to stay and said they weren't worried about it. My sister in law even offered for him to go.upstairs and lay in her bed. Why can't I be that calm? Lol

Default Re: Wish I could be this calm when something happens...

Thanks for your reply...well, I guess maybe if these things happened 10 years ago, we would have panicked even more. So maybe there's improvement somewhere? It sucks all around though...
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6