Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default whats the worst part about v*?

V* really sucks. Overthinking it. The n*. Everything leading up to it. But when it actually happens, most people realize that the feeling of n* is worse than the actual v*. I have nightmares constantly about it. I wash my hands all the time in order to avoid it.
    What's the worst part for you?
    *graphic!!!!!!*
    I remember the v* itself being relieving after it got less chunky. v* the last few times (when it's mostly water) is relieving. Anytime before that though, I dread it.
    -end of graphic-
    I dread everything about it, but I realize it might not be as bad as i make it seem. How do you deal with it?

Default Re: whats the worst part about v*?

I deal with it mostly by not doing it. I haven't in over 42 years. The worst thing about vomiting is that it upsets the mouth. I did a survey of emets and asked if vomit came out its own special orifice, like in the chest, would you still fear it. Most emets wouldn't fear it at all or would fear it most less if that were the case.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mine is the N* I hate that feeling! Then I'm terrified of having V* when I'm not at home.

I think mine is that fact you have no control of the amount of times it could happen. it could just happen the once.. or 5 times. That i think scares me the most

The feeling of it coming up your throat. Eeeee I hate that
    Be easy to love,
    Hard to break,
    and Impossible to forget!

For me it’s the time leading up to it. Since it doesn’t happen right away I have too much time to think about it, wondering if it will happen.

Me too! I am fine if I am home but, if I am out somewhere— anywhere, and the thought of getting sick crosses my mind, I immediately freak my freak because, I don’t want it to happen it a forgein place! Correction, I don’t want it to happen at all but, ESPECAILLY in a foreign place!