Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default i discovered my fear, now, how can i beat it?

well, 2 weeks ago or 3, i had such a horrible experience, i had nauseas and some acid reflux, then, i threw up like 4 times, it was really scary because i didn't threw up since 2014 or 2015, and what made me sick? too much food, my brothers were feeling really bad just like me but they didn't vomit, the last time i vomited was because i ate green apples, at night, that was the worst thing ever, i threw up like 5 or 6 times, i was about to faint and my mom was very scared, i was just 9 or 10 years old, now i have 14, i forgot that experience because i avoided green apples for the rest of these years, but now it's different, i threw up because i ate too much food, now i am scared of eat, sometimes i feel very hungry, i eat but i feel really nauseous, today at school i had a anxiety attack, i was afraid, i just wanted to go home back with my mom, also, i cried, today i ate some soup, more than these days but i felt nauseous too, i don't know, this is really stupid and i am feeling like a weak person, how can i forget that, now i am more afraid of throwing up, eating, go outside or a restaurant, go to the school, feel nausea... Help

Default Re: i discovered my fear, now, how can i beat it?

Hi, I wish there was an easy answer. Have you talked to your mum about what you're going through? If not, that's going to help lessen the magnitude of the problem.
    Also, for many people, talking to someone qualified in cognitive behavioural therapy helps, and others find therapists who understand phobias gives them the tools to make it easier to feel in control.
    Other than that, try eating six small meals a day instead of eating more than you're comfortable with, and please try not to get into any unhealthy rituals as a form of self comfort, they're seriously hard to break. Lastly, you can be sure that there are lots of people on the private forum who're in the same boat and will help you get through the tricky bits, so think about joining. Good luck sweetheart.