Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default should i try live Exposure therapy?

i am feeling really afraid but i just want to end this, these days are hitting me hard, also, i am an adolescent, i have deppresion, i have a lot of anxiety (it's growing), i am afraid to eat again, what can i do?

Default Re: should i try live Exposure therapy?

i want to do it by myself

Angry Adam: I know you can't see links in posts yet, but when you get to 10 posts, please read my web site and the stories there about curing emet by inducing vomiting:
    http://emetophobia.scienceontheweb.net
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you talked to your parents about your fears, anxiety & depression?? I don’t know exactly what you mean about doing it yourself (like, without therapy? Meds?) but just reaching out to parents, counselors, your doctor ect can be a really good start...
    At the end of the day it’s going to be about finding the best fit for you when it comes to fighting back.. but I think support can make a huge, huge difference!!

I actually just read your other post.. I think you should touch base with your doc again because H-pylori IS treatable.. it can absolutely cause you chronic stuff but if you’ve been treated in the past for it you need to have your doc evaluate if what’s going on with you is a reaccurance or if something else is causing your ongoing symptoms
    Otherwise, I know it can feel like we are a burden to the people around us with all of our fears BUT it sounds like you have an AMAZING mom & I think you should keep talking to her & being open and honest with her. I know it may not feel like it helps but she needs to know you’re struggling to help you. Also, I’m a mom and I promise you my kid is the most important thing in my universe and I would do anything to keep her healthy and well and with me. I know things can feel
    Hopeless sometimes but they aren’t!!! Many, many of us have had very dark periods that threatened to overwhelm us but have found a way through. Even if the fear never completely goes away I promise you can still have happy and normal life experiences!!!
    Last edited by Malalcala; 04-18-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Its your decision if you would want to, but make sure you prepare yourself before you do it so you won't get a bad panic attack.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Angry Adam: I know you can't see links in posts yet, but when you get to 10 posts, please read my web site and the stories there about curing emet by inducing vomiting:
    http://emetophobia.scienceontheweb.net
    Doug, I've tried with Chrome, IE and Safari and I can't open your link - can you double check it for me, please? Thanks!

To learn more about emetophobia, see

Too weird - can't even get it on my phone. Maybe it's because I'm at work - they block a lot of content The error message I get is that it timed out / took to long to respond and to check the proxy and firewall. On my phone it says the server stopped responding. I'll try again from home tonight. Thanks for checking.