Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Should I be worried? Or am I being completely irrational??

Hi guys,

Last night I had a glass of milk (9:00pm( and put it on a side table in my house. Now today (midday) I picked up the glass and thought there is no point in getting a new glass out so I filled it with water (not remembering that I had milk out of it the previous night!) and drank water from the glass. I only had one sip before realising that there was white milk still at the bottom of the glass (it has sorted formed into a skin, so it wasn't as though it was totally mixed up in the water but I imagine some would have been mixed in a bit after having the pressure of the tap on it).

Should I be worried or is this so irrational? I feel so panicky instantly and I can't go on with my day as normal. I'm so worried Surely I would have needed to ingest a larger amount of spoiled milk for anything to happen?

Advice much appreciated!!!

Default Re: Should I be worried? Or am I being completely irrational??

You will be fine. Milk takes much longer than that to spoil.

Default Re: Should I be worried? Or am I being completely irrational??

You’re fine. I just did this to my daughter when I realized one of her cups didn’t wash well. I felt bad about it but I’m not worried at all and you shouldn’t be either.