Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default After 12 years, It happened (triggers)

I haven't been on here in a while but omg. Lots to share.

For 3 months my digestion has been OFF. D* every morning, n*, no appetite. Then the other night I was having a very stressful text conversation and idk if it was that or something else but I went and v* 3 times. Took zofran and slept. Woke up in the morning feeling bad. V* at least 6 more times. Couldn't take a sip of water without v*. eventually went to ER and after getting zofran 3 times and fluids they were ready to admit me. last minute them tried ativan and it helped a lot.

Today, still feeling n* and the anxiety ramping up again. May take another. It was terrible but I feel like since the ativan helped I can safely say that whatever underlying thing was happening, my anxiety is what made it unbearable. Not the actual illness.

Default Re: After 12 years, It happened (triggers)

So sorry you are going through this. Yes, could very well have been anxiety, although usually it doesn't last that long. Did the ER say what they thought it was? I'm surprised the zofran didn't help that much. And ativan has some slight anti emetic properties to it as well. Maybe you could get a script for ativan...but you need to be careful with it because it's addictive. If you could take it only as needed and not every day, it could help you. Hang in there, take good care of yourself, do something relaxing that you enjoy.
    "In nothing be anxious....." Phil. 4:6

Yeah, that seems to be what most, if not all people, say: That your anxiety makes your v* experience worse. The thrive program book for Emetophobia even says it makes it worse.

Ugh.... the anxiety symptoms are the worst part emet.... I’ve been struggling with this for the last several days.... hang in there and try to take it easy!