Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Touching face in sleep :(

Hello everyone, so I have a bit of a dilemma
    Because of my Emetophobia, I have found myself NEVER touching my face, and especially no where near my mouth. However, I have recently realised I scratch and rub my face in my sleep! My biggest concern is that there will be some germ or something on my hand that will make me ill and that I will ingest it when I unintentionally touch my face or mouth while I sleep...any advice?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Touching face in sleep :(

Hi! Do you wash your hands and face before bed? If you do, I’m sure there wouldn’t be any germs left for you to accidentally touch your face with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooge View Post
    Hi! Do you wash your hands and face before bed? If you do, I’m sure there wouldn’t be any germs left for you to accidentally touch your face with.
    I do, however I use my phone sometimes right before I sleep to reply to messages or texts, and I'm pretty sure my day clothes will somehow touch the bedsheets during the day too

I clean my phone daily with Lysol disinfecting spray. Spray some in to a paper towel and then wipe off your phone. As far as your day clothes, just do your best to not lay in bed with them in. I sometimes lay on top if my bed in my clothes when it is made.