Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Ate after someone who got SV

So on Sunday (today is now Wednesday) I was at a family gathering and I took a bite of food after one of my family members who apparently now just woke up this morning V'ing. My mom also woke up this morning not feeling well and stayed home from work. I'm completely freaking out and I feel like everyone around me is getting sick and I'm so scared. I don't know what to do, please help!

Default Re: Ate after someone who got SV

If anything I'd be more worried about catching it from your mom at this point. That bite of food wouldn't have gotten you sick unless that person already was sick and then you after behind them. Plus it's been 3 days so I'd say your safe there at this point. How's your mom? Does she have signs of sv? If so be extra cautious with hand washing and staying out if that bathroom. Also I would if I were you begin taking apple cider vinegar shots to keep the virus from attacking you!

Default Re: Ate after someone who got SV

My mom seems fine she actually has not actually V’ed at all, she just felt kind of nauseous this morning and a little during the night last night. She seems to be feeling better because she’s been able to eat small bland things throughout the day today. But thank you for the tip! I hope I end up being ok, I definitely have been extra careful I wiped down everything today and am constantly washing my hands (more than I usually do) so hopefully I’m safe. I was just really worried about taking a bite of food