Quote Originally Posted by blacklight3 View Post
*graphic post*

When I was small (about 11) my grandfather was diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer. We visited him in the hospital one day. He said he felt sick and called for a nurse. He suddenly violently vomited. His puke was dark red. The nurse looked very worried; but she didn't say anything. She had gone to get something to help my grandfather. I remember my mother saying we should go. An hour later we found he had died in hospital.
Oh my goodness, how traumatizing and scary, especially at 11 years old.

For me it was a SV at age 13. I hadn't V prior to that since being very, very little, so the sensations felt so alien and terrifying to me. I woke up really early in the morning, had D, went back to bed and felt N but I don't remember ever having a feeling of "this is it" and having to run to the bathroom. So I didn't, and out of nowhere V all over the floor. I felt so disgusted, afraid, and yet also detached from reality and "crazy," and it made a permanent impression on me.

I believe there is something inherently horrifying about V. This is why TV shows love to depict it all the time, and worse, spring it on viewers out of nowhere to make it even more startling and revolting. And if V happens in an episode of a TV show, you can be sure they'll show it again in the recap next week, too, just to get maximum impact from it.