Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do you do that thing where...

You mistake EVERY "different" bodily sensation as n* ? If I get a little too hot, cold, warm, frustrated or generally anxious, I compartmentalize it into "Right. thats it. I feel sick" when upon exploring the actual feeling, its not n* at all... I had a little bit too much toothpaste on my toothbrush before and it felt overwhelmingly hot and I panicked a bit cos I tasted pure strong mint and I felt a tiny bit sickly for one second... then I realised absolutely NOTHING happened.... and before in the sun, I thought I was getting unwell then realised it was 26degrees and I was in long black trousers and RIGHT in my suntrapped garden. This phobia!
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Default Re: Do you do that thing where...

I used to, but after enough times of figuring it out just like you did, those instances are few and far between now.

I used to as well but you just learn eventually what is what. I definitely made progress as I grew up through my faith and with therapy. Even now if I was to feel n** I can tell why and most commonly it would be anxiety so sometimes I laugh, distract myself and it's gone.

My problem is I know that’s it’s anxiety but my OCD makes me think it’s other wise

I do this all the time. If my stomach rumbles or I get a tight throat or I feel lightheaded or hot or cold ... I try to check myself but it's hard to recognise when it's just you and there's nothing to worry about.

I absolutely do this haha. When you aren’t panicking it’s almost comical, isn’t it? I also do the thing where if I’m feeling too well/normal I get suspicious and remind myself I’m probably going to feel sick at some point.