Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: PLEASE HELP me

Default PLEASE HELP me

Hi,

So I work at a restaurant and for the past week about 3 people have come in saying they have gotten the Norovirus. I am a complete mess right now freaking out that I may have caught it or that I will catch it. I don't know what to do I have been washing my hands all the time and I can't not go to work. Do you think I will be safe if I make sure to keep washing my hands? I don't know what else I can do but my anxiety is through the roof right now.

Default Re: PLEASE HELP me

Keep washing your hands and you should be fine!! Try to not freak out (which I know is hard to do) because that could make you feel as if you are coming down with it.

Hi,
    nick3034910
    I suggest just keep washing your hands and use sanitizer and bleach sufaces if you can't due to sensitivity then try to get not so strong hand wipes and try to keep calm. That's all I can say for now best wishes 🤗
    - gothlic

Wait, are staff coming to work sick? Or customers? regardless, if you wash hands and stay away from actively sick people, you should be fine.