Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Does anyone else get this feeling?

It's a weird feeling in throat. Before i got anxiety i used to get it when i had no appetite or when i had motion s*******. Does anyone else get this? It feels very uncomfortable and loss of appetite usually follows with it. Most often lasts an entire day. It usually goes away after i eat something at the evening. It's hard to explain. Is this n***** or what? I usually don't feel any stomach problems with it but i feel this when i get motion s******* so it makes me wonder if it's n***** or not.

Red face Re: Does anyone else get this feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Frestadius View Post
    It's a weird feeling in throat. Before i got anxiety i used to get it when i had no appetite or when i had motion s*******. Does anyone else get this? It feels very uncomfortable and loss of appetite usually follows with it. Most often lasts an entire day. It usually goes away after i eat something at the evening. It's hard to explain. Is this n***** or what? I usually don't feel any stomach problems with it but i feel this when i get motion s******* so it makes me wonder if it's n***** or not.
    Hi! I too get a horrible feeling in my throat, a lot. I often *think* I feel n*. Sometimes I am convinced! Only last week I was shaking and hyperventilating with fear as I feared I may actually v*. Looking back I was just extremely anxious and sleep deprived. I don’t know what nausea feels like. But others describe it as a feeling in the stomach, not the throat. You’re probably just making connections to having no appetite/ motion n* because that’s what us emetophobes do! Honestly, the amount of times I’ve thought I’ve ‘recognised’ my supposed n* feelings from the last time I v* (I don’t even remember it was over 7 years ago!) I don’t know! Ps, when your anxious your appetite may well go, and your motion n* may get worse (or so I believe to have read). Try not to worry!

Default Re: Does anyone else get this feeling?

Stress stress stress

I have it right now :/

Possibly acid reflux? It can be brought on by anxiety

Yeah actually, could be. I get acid reflux symptoms when i get motion sick.

I could also be a 'lump in your throat' or globulous sensation. which is something that can just randomly happen and is benign, that being said I know when I get them even though I 'know' it is likely nothing I still tend to also start getting nausea related to anxiety.

Anxiety is a nauseous feeling in your throat. True nausea comes more from your upper belly area. It has taken me years to figure this out. The last time I *V, I realized I had an aching first in my middle to higher belly area then I worked myself up so much that I got nauseous in my throat. I’ve have nausea in my throat a 1000 times and never actually *V. That is anxiety. By the way, I’m scared to death to *V and I’m 43. I’ve had this since I was 18. Was always a afraid since I was little girl but never got to be a problem until I was an adult.

Not true necessarily because people with stomach issues (like me ) my upper stomach hurts a lot and I’ll get naseous from anxiety so depends on the person

Just sharing my 25 year experience with this fear and what I’ve figured out with myself. Everyone’s experience is personal-didn’t mean to generalize.

I have reflux and I get this, either that or it's from anxiety. It's like a tight throat feeling and hits my g* trigger