Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: First day

Default First day

So today was my first day at my new full-time job working with kids… In the morning I was anxious about being so today was my first day at my new full-time job working with kids… In the morning I was anxious about being Around a lot of germs I felt sick and I cannot even eat. As the day went on the last anxiety I have. But I’m also stressing out about something at work at home so now I feel sick in my upper stomach hurts and I already have stomach issues so it makes it worse I have around a lot of germs I felt sick and I cannot even eat. As the day went on the less anxiety I have. But I’m also stressing out about something at work at home so now I feel sick in my upper stomach hurts and I already have stomach issues so it makes it worse I have bad OCD so this makes me hope all my feelings… I’ll probably get on medicine for soon. Does anybody else have OCD and it makes this phobia feel 10 times worse ?

Default Re: First day

Hey, you shouldn't be working with what you can't. You should be able to be comfortable with your job. I recommend finding another job.

It’s tough because I know if I didn’t have this phobia I would be an amazing teacher . I am really trying to not let this phobia control my life so many people tell me it’s not just kids you can get the sv from you can get it sitting in a office , anywhere

I see, have looked for a therapist who can help you?

have you* (sorry)

I disagree. Do not let this phobia keep you from a job that you know you would love and be good at. I also have OCD and severe anxiety. You can get through this. I recommended on another thread that you purchased hand spray and specific wipes that kill stomach virus. Do that. You will feel like you were more in control. Regarding your stomach ache tonight, that’s probably first day jitters and stress. I’m sure you’re fine. And congrats on the new job.

I think the fact that all you teachers on here just get on with it magnify the fact that, as mdgirl said , despite the hell of this phobia, its a job you love and are good at. However I have had to change my mind about being a singer cos theres so much travelling and lots of my ex classmates are on cruise ships and on beaches doing summer contracts - I can't even do car trips! So Frestadius has a point, if its gonna heighten your anxiety to the point where you can't focus, I'd perhaps consider something in the same field as you seem very very diligent about germs...if it helps, I caught some stomach virus at the office I worked at last year and it literally stopped after 24 hrs. I fought off the urge to v* too as Im sure you can...
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜