Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anxiety?

Default Anxiety?

I have emetophobia and that makes me extremely anxious and I feel like throwing up 24/7. It gets 100 Times worse at night. Do you think I will throw up? Or if I知 sick? I have been feeling this bad for about 4 weeks. Like sometimes I知 convinced I will throw up and sometimes I知 about to. My stomach starts churning to. And I can feel bile in my throat. Is this just the anxiety or am I really sick and will throw up?! Why am I feeling like this?!??

Default Re: Anxiety?

Probably psychosomatic. Are you not eating? Try taking tums if you're avoiding eating to settle down the stomach acid.

Well I知 eating either one or two meals a day or a small snack a day. This eating habit has been going on for 2 weeks. I知 also barely drinking.

Hypoglycemia causes nausea. So does ketosis. Are you losing weight? Small frequent snacking throughout the day helps a lot because the food will pass through your system very quickly so you won't have to worry about vomiting because he would be able to identify nausea very quickly and stop eating and if you need to

I lost over 10 pounds in the last month

I lost over 10 pounds in the last month. Do you think there is something wrong?

Are you losing weight because you are not eating on purpose so that you don't vomit?

Well yes and sometimes I feel to nauseous and anxious to eat it makes me feel so much worse after I eat.

Talk to your doctor. You might have functional dyspepsia. But also remember that stomach acid sitting can make you very nauseous. So it's good to have a little something in your stomach. Try not to eat a large meal. If you eat small amounts and snack on small amounts throughout the day it might help

Well I feel 100 times worse at night

Definitely do most of your eating during the morning and early afternoon. I find personally that my anxiety over vomiting is more severe in the late evening hours right before I go to bed

You feel like vomiting more at night? Like waking up from a dead sleep? Or right before you go to bed?

So do you think I will actually throw up? Or it痴 all in my head

I feel like throwing up when I wake up and before I go to bed.

If this is a chronic has been going on for a month I seriously doubt You're going to throw up

Ok thank you so much. Do you think If I was going to I already would have and it痴 all in my head now?

Did you take a pregnancy test? Do you think that's a possibility?

If you were going to throw up you would have already. I think it's something else

What do you think it could be? I知 seeing a doctor tomorrow and I知 definitely not pregnant

Functional dyspepsia is a possibility. Or an ulcer, but usually eating makes stomach ulcers feel better. If you're not eating a lot of carbs, being in ketosis can make you feel nauseous. Do you have any other symptoms?

Yeah my stomach gurgles a lot and I alway have bile in my throat when I lay down but these past 2 or 3 days when I lay down my head turns foggy and my ears ring and I have to hold on to something or I fall down.

I have to say that it sounds like you are very dehydrated. And if you don't have a lot of food in your stomach, that acid is going to sit there and gurgle and make you feel sick. And my even come up and burn your esophagus.

Do you get any relief if you take a Maalox or Mylanta or even a Tums?

Ok thank you so much. The dehydration makes sense because I知 so anxious I知 barely drinking

I'm sure the doctor will do some blood work. They will be able to tell if you are dehydrated based on your blood work

Ok! Again thank you so much

No problem, feel better! :-)