Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panicking on the toilet

Hi guys, I'm sitting on the toilet freaking out right now because I've been having indigestion for the past month but haven't v*ed yet but I feel like my time is up! I'm feeling nauseous and trying to poop it out but there's nothing coming. I want to v* and get over the phobia once and for all but I'm also absolutely petrified of v*ing and can't bring myself to do it. Please help! If you've v*ed recently tell me what it feels like because it hasn't happened to me since I was 8

Default Re: Panicking on the toilet

Whell for me it kinda burns your throat depends what your v*ing tho but that's all I really know I feel sorry for you hope you don't v* and fee better soon good luck.��

Indigestion for a month is unlikely to lead to vomiting. Vomiting usually happens right away in an illness. Try to eat better. Eat more fruits and vegetables. If you really want to induce vomiting to challenge your phobia, please read the stories from people who've done it on my web site. The link is in my signature. (I know you can't see it until you've made 10 posts.)

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsweetened68 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm sitting on the toilet freaking out right now because I've been having indigestion for the past month but haven't v*ed yet but I feel like my time is up! I'm feeling nauseous and trying to poop it out but there's nothing coming. I want to v* and get over the phobia once and for all but I'm also absolutely petrified of v*ing and can't bring myself to do it. Please help! If you've v*ed recently tell me what it feels like because it hasn't happened to me since I was 8

You know what? indigestion/heartburn and all that stuff is so closely linked to our stomachs and anxiety but after a close v* moment 2 weeks ago(at least what REALLY felt like it was gonna happen) I can assure you theres a nice reassuring difference between the two; I had awful acid reflux today from a flapjack I ate (it was tasty but FULL of dried oats and chocolate) and the pain and acid burning was absolutely NIL on n* and v*...sure, I understand n* comes with acid reflux sometimes but if you learn to differentiate both, you'll probably ease the triggering stress from it ... since I learned how to do this I've been able to ignore any fake n*. however, it definitely makes real n* more scary haha but at least you'll be familiar..
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

2nd indigestion that is ongoing is unlikely to make you vomit. That being said, very severe heart burn has made me feel nauseous in the past.
    I would recommend something like a tums, or eating some yogurt or having some milk to calm your stomach.