Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Advice to don't get sick because of heat?

I've heard that the heat during Summer can cause d* and v*. It's really hot right now here in Sweden and i don't want to get it, and i don't think anyone wants it. Any advice to stay away from heat sickness or what it's called?

Default Re: Advice to don't get sick because of heat?

Stay inside if possible and drink lots of water(or try to) I would also suggest having a ice pack in the fridge for your neck or even a cold clean rag. good luck the heat sucks I have bad heat to where I live.

An emet is pretty unlikely to puke due to heat. Keep hydrated and stay inside as much as you can. I think you will be fine.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All the above advice is good. If you start to feel really warm, or get a bit of a headache go inside.

You are thinking of heat exhaustion or heat stroke, which is also easily avoidable. I had heat exhaustion when I was younger (no actually getting sick, just got very dizzy), and as long as you go to a cooler local if you start not feeling well (as opposed to staying out in the heat) you should be fine, and are unlikely to get sick.