Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: "Clear-outs"

Default "Clear-outs"

Just wondered if other people get this "clear-out" in terms of bms...
    These happen/happened to me for a good couple of years and are usually anxiety triggering but go nowhere...Its basically (TMI) a huge urge to go and its like explosive but then nothing happens after. My mum who never ever gets stomach things says it happens quite a lot to her too...but that once the moments over, she's fine. I was up today at 3am to take my brother to the airport and then went to the Starbucks with my fam. I stupidly got a big latte which is fairy strong(not good with coffee) but needed waking up and had a little caramel waffle with it(again stupid as I wasn't even hungry). About 20 mins later I felt gassy and uncomfortable in the car and when I got home I had a BAD rush and had explosive d* :/ ..I think I'm ok as I don't feel unwell exactly but obviously now I'm shaking like a leaf and I can't really think of food. I HATE my digestive system almost as much as I hate my anxiety.
    Ugh

Edit - we have a theory its what we've eaten the night before; my brother and dad always cook with SERIOUS hot stuff...last night I had lots of hot chilli stir -fry..if I ate 12 hours ago would this add up?
    'Since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal'

2 Corinthians 4:18💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Default Re: "Clear-outs"

Did you drink all of the latte? I also get those sorts of BMs after a lot of coffee as coffee get the digestive system moving. Spicy food can also do it but I think that happens more immediately more so than the next day. It also could be excess sugar. One time I ate a big double cookie with a lot of icing in the middle and about an hour later I had water d*. How you doing now? Try drinking water alongside your coffee, that helps me a lot!

Thanks for the response Kara (:.
    I also thought the spicy effect happened AFTER the initial meal and I usually do quite well with chilli despite a bit of heartburn..
    I think you got it right - the big England match was on the day before and my gosh I ate so much junk, almost half a rich cake and Doritos and fizzy stuff etc, perhaps my stomachs not used to it.
    I must say, I felt very good all day yesterday so that's done my anxiety good in case it happens again..Just such a horrible feeling!

I had this on Friday, watery diarrhea, cleared my whole system out! A liyyle queasy. But I didn't eat the next day and ate light on Sunday and never vomited. But I freak out as well with diarrhea cause I start thinking I have a stomach bug and get panicky :-(

I usually don’t get actual d*, but sometimes I get a gurgly stomach and loose BMs for no apparent reason. Or I’ll be a little bit constipated for a day or two, and then the next day I have to go a lot more than usual- I figure I’m just catching up from the day before lol.

This happens fairly regularly to me as well. Typically it is too much sugar (which does act as a laxative) or too fatty of a food (which can give you gas pains, which your body tries to clear with diarrhea).